Sunday, July 13, 2014

Once a guide,always a guide



How time flies,I've not been involved in girl guides for eight weeks now.While most of you think its just EIGHT months,trust me...this is the longest duration I've been away from guiding since the first time I did my queensguide.

When I was scouted for Queens Guide ,I was sixteen.From there,my whole life fast-forwarded.I don't remember what I else I did apart from camping,getting logbooks done,presentations and community service. Wisma pandu puteri Kedah became my second home,where I'd come there almost everyday.Thank goodness it was only 2 minutes from my house.

Even after my QG ,I became more active.I spent the majority of my gap before uni to help out in the preparatory work for camps ,attend events , help the upcoming QG candidates and so on .

So ,to STOP guiding for two months now ,its strange . There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about my guide sisters,my mentor,my bubbly juniors.There's no friendship like guiding.You don't just stumble into a group of non-judgmental people in a blink of an eye.

I'm utterly grateful that Karling drops by in Perak from time to time to pay a visit.At least she brings back a part of me that's missing, the love for girl guide.I'm also touched that many of my guide sisters still contact and update me with anything.I really do feel blessed.

Not going to continue much more because I don't want to burst out crying anytime soon.I just happened to look back at these wonderful photos before I got my queensguide. I've evolved so much since then. . .








No comments:

Post a Comment