Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mockingjay


It's been a challenging week for me. I had to hand in four essay assignments, numerous presentation and I still have a ton of other things to do before finals.With all this going on , the last thing I expected from myself was to run off for a movie at night.. alone !

Yup,sometimes you can surprise yourself ! My friends came over that evening to help make a storyline for our drama presentation. It was exhausting (yet FUN) re-making a fairytale story with a wicked twist .By the time we were satisfied , I was drained from all that brainstorming . It was just around dusk and I was about to lie down in bed.

But then,

I saw many posts on my FB wall about Mockingjay and how most of them reviewed it as an amazing movie.I've been itching to see it ever since I heard that the movie was out two days ago. So why not?

I immediately went online to search the next showtime and it was less than an hour away. I called my usual cab driver and he was sweet enough to say yes even though its at night.I didn't actually think of who to drag along. My best friend is not a fan of this movie and I figured, let this be my first ever movie .

FYI ,this is my first ever time going out alone, taking a cab and watching a movie ..



The movie was at night , but I was still surprised how the theater room was absolutely empty ! I was the only one there ..


The movie was absolutely amazing. I'm not into war and violence kind off movie but this one really caught my eye. Katniss is such an inspiring character and the sense of family they all have is touching. I've read all the books , and the movie is no disappointment . Of course,being a fraidy cat, half the time I'm either squeezing my eyes shut or closing my ears cuz I'm afraid of sudden loud noises.

The movie ended and as I walk out , I called the cab driver . That was when the nightmare struck.

HE WAS NOT ANSWERING.

I called again and again but it straight goes to voicemail . Imagine this, you are alone with no idea how to go home from the cinema. I couldn't walk even if I have to because I don't know the way. Suddenly ,everything was scary and panic started rising . However , I didn't let the panic come to me . I sat down, called and called again .My battery was only about 40% and it was 11pm .

Alhamdulilah ,eventually he answered and I sighed the biggest relief.He came and as I went in gratefully,he said he got my call but when he answers,there's no reply.Thank god he came anyways.

So much for a solo adventure . I don't think I'll be doing this anytime soon but who knows,maybe I will. Overall the movie was uh-mazing and I can't wait for PART II . I kinda like how movies nowadays have 2 endings. It makes the story longer and can incorporate more elements of the book . 

Till then , good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment