Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

I've resumed my old favorite past time which is reading and for the past month, I've read quite a good number of books. The book that I just finished reading about an hour ago is called

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS


This particular book has been the talk of the people and as usual , i'm one of those people who just got to know about it a bit later . I was in Abu Dhabi when my aunt recommended this book to my cousin and I . I was reading the third and final book of the Divergent series: ALLIGENT  at that time so my cousin took the book first.

My aunt told me that the book was just amazing and my youngest cousin admitted he cried in the end. Like , a guy crying over a book? They made me curious right away ! It was too late to buy the book because we were leaving for the airport . So I ended up downloading the entire book in my phone !I started reading when I was back in Malaysia so I downloaded in my computer too.

Upon reading the book , I loved it .The plot is definitely not like the ones I've read before that includes action, magic and unreality things. But that was it ,it felt so real ,the fact that cancer does exist,and there are people living with it ,going through struggles we're not aware off are just mind blowing.We do know,of course,that in general ,cancer patients fight everyday in their lives.But how exactly do they do it ,how they live every day in their live,the smallest struggle we do not realize?That's the catcher.

It was well described in the book .How Hazel had the courage to take out her oxygen tank to go through the metal detector ,how she started to lose breath afterwords.How Gus arranged his own pre-funeral when we fear our own deaths?How Issac could live his life although he became blind?Beautifully written

What really caught me is the chemistry between Hazel and Gus . How their love is not the typical puppy love , but its like wow. I loved how they have their own 'Okay' and how its not all gooey and stuff. They are both strong.Sick yes,but strong .  I just wish he didn't  die though (oops spoiler alert) #toolate .

As  expected ,  I didn't cry in the end. I dont cry a lot I think , especially not over a book .But I felt  this sort of tightness in my throat at the last few pages.One part that triggered me was during the pre funeral instead of the real funeral itself. I dont just anyone can pull off an event like that when death is just at the corner. I was amazed !

Overall , I give this book a 7.5 /10 . It exceed my expectations but I wasn't crazy about it . Safe to say ,its a great book ! :)

Cant wait for the movie ! I just saw the trailer and i'm thrilled.

PS : Hazel and Gus are actually siblings in the movie Divergent .But here ,they're a couple .I'm not weird about it , cant wait to see two different chemistry !

Which now reminds me , 

what book am I going to read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment