Saturday, February 1, 2014

Nature at its course

Yesterday,my dad decided to bring the whole family to visit our land in Jitra for the first time ! I was veryy excited because I've always wanted to go but due to my exams,I had to put it on hold.I didnt know what to expect for this trip,so I wore a simple long t-shirt,leggings and sneakers.

We pit stopped at Alor Star to visit my grandma and off it was to the place.My dad used the 'jalan kampung' instead of the highways so we got to see the preserved heritage.It was beautiful,of course.I find old buildings to be very interesting and often I ask myself ,

 ''How was the community when this was build? How was their lifestyle before? What changed ?''

Moving on,the land was deep in one of the hills .As my dad drove deeper,we were surrounded with thick trees and kampung houses .We had to progress cautiously because there's always a cow or two crossing the road.Yes,haha.Somehow I think the cows here are smarter than the ones in the city,considering they actually wait by the side for us to pass,then cross the narrow road.Its like a ''you go first,no YOU go first'' kind of moment.

It became very bumpty as we went .There was also no tarred road anymore,only a narrow rocky path.My sister and I took videos from the car ,the view in front with the mountains and limestones were eye-catching .

Soon enough,we reached the place ! It was a hugee space with newly born getah trees.The ground was sandy and I immedietely regretted wearing my glittery sneakers.Lol. It kinda reminded me of Abu Dhabi ,with the sands and mountains all.Only there werent many greens there.There was this path that lead down to the other land that I didnt go.It was hot,but not as hot as I thought.Our land was too deep so we could only see it from a distance.
Preety cool right?
Nature
It was so different that looking at the pictures,I cant believe that this is in Kedah ! It was really something new.In just a few years,this land will be filled with tall getah tress.I was a bit dissapointed because I wanted to hear the 'pop' sound from the tress.I guess a few more years of waiting wont hurt. (Or I can just Google the sound :p )

There weren't many photos cuz my dad couldnt stand the heat.It was real funny cuz it took an hour to ger here but we were only there for five minutes.Owh,abahh...

What I learnt from this little trip is that you dont have to look far to see Nature's Gift,The place you least expected becomes a show-stopper.So yeah.

The only bummed thing is that I now have no dust off and wash all the sand from my sneakers.       Tu lahh,excited sangat,kasut dah rosak .Moral of the story :Next time pakai selipar ja .Hehe

Till then,have a great February !

No comments:

Post a Comment