Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sheikh Zayed Mosque

Its Day 3 here and my body is still adjusting to this new time zone .I fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up  as early as 4 am ! The good thing was that I got to see my baby cousins before they go to school !

Breakfast for today :

Arab delicacies ; was suppose to be for dinner but I fell asleep

So for today ,we went for a tour at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque .The staffs were strict on clothing  where you have to cover your hair (for ladies) and wear proper clothes.For instance,a lady was stopped from entering into the mosque because her blouse,although long sleeve,was see through.Thank god I was in an abaya and scarf ,phew .

 The tour was free , and we had an fascinating tour guide ! Not only beautiful , but explained everything in detail and precise. The way she managed to answer curious questions about Islam ,especially from non-Muslims with such calmness and composure inspiring. Even for me ! 

The building, which was made with pure marble , is breathtaking beautiful ! She proved to us that the white marble is cooler than the colored ones by simply touching it ,which we all did . Architects from around the world pitched in to make this mosque a beautiful landmark.

blue chandelier
The swarovski chandelier



the ceiling with floral inspired design
This carpet right here is the largest carpet ever made in history ! It took over 1000 women to sew and 2 years to complete. I was standing in a world record carpet !


Blending in the Arabic culture,

Kak Manje and I 

Emirati maybe?
 Amazing how beautiful a place can be , and how many are tourist are willing to visit understand Islamic culture . My group alone has tourists come from Italy ,United States ,Nigeria ,Ukraine .... practically all over the globe !

It was a brief  but fruitful visit for all of us. I was blessed to step foot in a sacred place and pray to be a better Muslim every day .

So thats all for today.I hope everyone is having a good day , life is short .. so live it to the fullest!




No comments:

Post a Comment